* Ruediger Meier <sweet_...@gmx.de> [04-06-16 13:07]:
> On Wednesday 06 April 2016, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * Ruediger Meier <sweet_...@gmx.de> [04-06-16 10:45]:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Since a few weeks I see nscd running crazy on 13.1, like this
> > >
> > > USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU  %MEM     TIME+
> > > COMMAND nscd      20   0 5265008 1.626g    652 S 0.000 5.185
> > > 0:30.32 nscd
> > >
> > > I guess 1.6G would be enough to cache all existing zones worldwide.
> > > What could be the problem?
> >
> > odd, mine has been up 261 days and:
>
> Could you show me your stats? I wonder if you have some reasonable cache
> hit rates.
> $ nscd -g

nscd configuration:

              0  server debug level
 42d  3h 27m 41s  server runtime
              6  current number of threads
             32  maximum number of threads
              1  number of times clients had to wait
             no  paranoia mode enabled
           3600  restart internal
              5  reload count

passwd cache:

            yes  cache is enabled
            yes  cache is persistent
            yes  cache is shared
            211  suggested size
         216064  total data pool size
            896  used data pool size
            600  seconds time to live for positive entries
             20  seconds time to live for negative entries
              3  cache hits on positive entries
              0  cache hits on negative entries
          33407  cache misses on positive entries
          16555  cache misses on negative entries
              0% cache hit rate
             10  current number of cached values
            418  maximum number of cached values
              5  maximum chain length searched
              0  number of delays on rdlock
              0  number of delays on wrlock
              0  memory allocations failed
            yes  check /etc/passwd for changes

group cache:

            yes  cache is enabled
            yes  cache is persistent
            yes  cache is shared
            211  suggested size
         216064  total data pool size
           1248  used data pool size
           3600  seconds time to live for positive entries
             60  seconds time to live for negative entries
             13  cache hits on positive entries
              0  cache hits on negative entries
          11973  cache misses on positive entries
            765  cache misses on negative entries
              0% cache hit rate
             17  current number of cached values
            455  maximum number of cached values
              6  maximum chain length searched
              0  number of delays on rdlock
              0  number of delays on wrlock
              0  memory allocations failed
            yes  check /etc/group for changes

hosts cache:

            yes  cache is enabled
             no  cache is persistent
            yes  cache is shared
            211  suggested size
         216064  total data pool size
           2760  used data pool size
            600  seconds time to live for positive entries
              0  seconds time to live for negative entries
            692  cache hits on positive entries
              0  cache hits on negative entries
          13070  cache misses on positive entries
              0  cache misses on negative entries
              5% cache hit rate
             19  current number of cached values
             82  maximum number of cached values
              3  maximum chain length searched
              0  number of delays on rdlock
              0  number of delays on wrlock
              0  memory allocations failed
            yes  check /etc/hosts for changes

services cache:

            yes  cache is enabled
            yes  cache is persistent
            yes  cache is shared
            211  suggested size
         216064  total data pool size
           2104  used data pool size
          28800  seconds time to live for positive entries
             20  seconds time to live for negative entries
              1  cache hits on positive entries
              3  cache hits on negative entries
           2954  cache misses on positive entries
          44452  cache misses on negative entries
              0% cache hit rate
             19  current number of cached values
             67  maximum number of cached values
              3  maximum chain length searched
              0  number of delays on rdlock
              0  number of delays on wrlock
              0  memory allocations failed
            yes  check /etc/services for changes

netgroup cache:

            yes  cache is enabled
            yes  cache is persistent
            yes  cache is shared
            211  suggested size
         216064  total data pool size
              0  used data pool size
          28800  seconds time to live for positive entries
             20  seconds time to live for negative entries
              0  cache hits on positive entries
              0  cache hits on negative entries
              0  cache misses on positive entries
              0  cache misses on negative entries