Axel Braun wrote:

> Hello Per,
>
>> Gesendet: Montag, 11. April 2016 um 08:00 Uhr
>> Von: "Per Jessen" <p...@computer.org>
>> An: evergreen@lists.rosenauer.org
>> Betreff: Re: [Evergreen] Expanded Support for OpenSuSE 13.2
>>
>> Ruediger Meier wrote:

>> > Do you have some kind of check list what are the most annoying
>> > issues in 42.1 for you?
>>
>> Hi Rudi
>>
>> - lack of dolphin thumbnails, tooltips (pdf, libreoffice)
>> - plasmashell crashes frequently
>> - screen locker crashes (apparently won't be fixed until 422)
>> - alt-tab windows switching is slow/unresponsive.
>
> Hm, I use Leap every day on my workhorse (ThinkPad T520), but did not
> come around any of the issues you mentioned so far.

Not even the missing thumbnails and tooltips?

> But there are others that make life uneasy (e.g. multi-monitor
> presentations...),

I haven't even dared to start looking at using multiple monitors :-)

>> For a server, I might consider going with Leap421, but the steady
>> stream of updates makes me a little uneasy.  Of course, it's also a
>> good thing, it just seems to be a little too much.
>
> Many of the updates relate to KDE, so not really something you take
> care about on a test-only server....

You're probably right, I haven't looked at what is being updated, just
there were so many.

> I feel the community is in a difficult position here: The commitment
> is to support 13.1 long-term, which is, by the way, a solid release as
> well.

Agreed.

> On the other hand, 13.2 is the last 32bit release, which brings
> it into a special position.

Not forgetting, if you want to install a 32bit 13.2 xen pvm guest, I
think it's only possible by installing 13.1 and then upgrading.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.2°C)