On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 11:48:50PM +0200, Michal Kubecek wrote:

> As for 13.1, we have version 4.1.22. Upstream has abandoned the 4.1
> series and does not provide fixes for it. Doing a backport myself would
> be extremely time consuming and I wouldn't be able to trust the result
> anyway. AFAIK both openSUSE 13.2 and SLE12 GA which have been providing
> Samba 4.1 until now are going to upgrade to version 4.2.4 which is what
> SLE12 SP1 and Leap 42.1 have. So I guess doing the same is the only
> feasible option. I haven't checked the four update packages if there any
> differences (13.2 and 42.1 haven't been even submitted yet), I'm going
> to do it tomorrow and then I'll decide which one to use for Evergreen
> 13.1 update.

So all four versions (SLE12 GA, SLE12 SP1, 13.2, 42.1) are equal to the
last byte which makes the selection quite easy. The 13.1 update is at

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mkubecek:/branches:/Evergreen_Maintained:/samba/openSUSE_13.1_Update/

I'll submit both later today once I have chance to to at least some
testing (and write the patchinfo). Anyone willing to test it is welcome,
of course.

Note: downloading the packages and updating via "rpm -Fvh *.rpm" won't
work without some manual work as libpdb0 package has been replaced by
libsamba-passdb0 (plus the same for *-32bit). The easiest way to install
the update packages would be

  zypper ar
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mkubecek:/branches:/Evergreen_Maintained:/samba/openSUSE_13.1_Update/
 samba-badlock