On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 12:24:03AM +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:
> > The samba update is submitted now to
> > openSUSE:Evergreen:Maintenance:4627 If you are going to submit the
> > AppArmor profile update, using this incident would be IMHO the best
> > option as that way both samba and profile update would be released at
> > once, preventing regressions.
>
> What is the best way to do this?
> I'd guess something like
>
>     osc sr security:apparmor apparmor_2_8  \
>         openSUSE:Evergreen:Maintenance:4627 WHATEVER
>
> but I'm not sure what I should use for WHATEVER ;-)

I assume apparmor.openSUSE_13.1_Update

Or maybe rather

  osc mr -a Evergreen:MaintenanceProject \
      --incident-project openSUSE:Evergreen:Maintenance:4627 \
      security:apparmor apparmor_2_8 openSUSE:13.1:Update

But I'm not realy expert on this. So maybe

> That said - I don't think having a separate update is a real problem if
> both are released at the same time (or AppArmor first).

might be the safest option after all.

> [1] 2.10 isn't the worst thing that can happen to you ;-) and probably
>     has much less bugs than 2.8.4 - but I understand that such a version
>     update isn't the best idea for a maintenance release.
>     I'll ignore the fact that we do a version update of Samba ;-)

I'm really not happy about it either. I even tried to start rebasing the
series but after more than half of first 10 commits needed adjusting and
there were still more than 200 more, I realized that upgrade is probably
the only viable option. After all, the fact that the same was done in
SLE12 GA was a hint...

                                                          Michal Kubecek