On 2016-04-25 19:53, Christian Boltz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am Montag, 25. April 2016, 19:29:06 CEST schrieb Carlos E. R.:

>> No date stamp, so I can't use "old".
>
> Right, you won't get audit.log-$date automatically deleted because that
> doesn't match the .1 etc suffix.,  so I agree it's exactly not what the
> normal audit.log rotation does.
>
> Nevertheless, 'old' is the easiest way to rename a logfile ;-)

Well, I may just delete the files, or wait some days :-)

>> Mmmm, "rcauditd" does not exist. auditd.service  does.
>
> One of the funny bugs caused by switching to systemd.
>
> It only needed a bugreport to get rcaudit back in later releases.
> Also, I manually re-added it on my 13.1 servers (as  symlink to
> /sbin/service), so for me it's always available ;-)

Yes, sometimes I do that, too. But as it is not a service I restart
often, I have neither reported the bug or wrote the link myself.

Let me see, you mean:

ln -s /sbin/service /sbin/rcauditd

?

--
Cheers / Saludos,

                Carlos E. R.
                (from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)