On mardi, 19 juillet 2016 13.53:18 h CEST Till Dörges wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm wondering whether a fix for p7zip for CVE-2016-2335 (see for example the
> advisory for 13.2
> https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-updates/2016-06/msg00004.html) is
> likely to arrive for 13.1 any time soon?
>

> Or if nothing is planned, is there anything I could do to help to make the
> fix happen?
>

> Thanks and regards -- Till
Hi Till, normally following those instructions you should be able to create
the maintenance branch needed and apply this fixes done for 13.2 to 13.1

once the package build, and the CVE fix is proove to be fixed,
submit back the package.

I guess it will be mandatory to open a new bug (security) topic
and point the one used for 13.2

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Package_maintenance

--

Bruno Friedmann