On Thursday 23 February 2017, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> El 2017-02-22 a las 11:37 +0100, Ruediger Meier escribió:
> >> For example one of my packages (sbcl) was even not building
> >> anymore for 42,2 although it was fine for 42.1. I've asked to
> >> revert the other incompatible change which broke my package but no
> >> chance ... I've had to change my package too otherwise they would
> >> have even removed my package from 42.2! Even this was a known
> >> issue, avoiding or reverting incompatible changes is obviously not
> >> important for Leap.
> >
> > ... and it happened again. They upgraded 42.3 to texlive-2016 and
> > it breaks again. Evergreen is still needed.
>
> That will be solved eventually, I hope.
>
> What worries me is that we got 2 kernel updates in a month. Several
> updates this month that require a reboot (systemd, apparmor...). Not
> good for server uptime.

You DO NOT NEED to reboot after kernel update. Nowadays the old kernel
should be still installed in parallel so module loading still works
without reboot.

You SHOULD reboot as soon as possible if the kernel update fixes
security bugs _and_ if you have local users which you can't trust. For
example if you run 100 workstations with 1000 users.

cu,
Rudi