Niclas Thisell wrote:

>How could the definition of measure be difficult with quantum mechanics?
>Obviously, we simply define the measure of a world (a point in
>infinite-dimensional Fock-space) to be the absolute square of the
>wave-function. In my opinion, the concept of splitting and merging only
>serves to confuse (as indicated by your discussion :-).

OK. May be the measure (which is simple in QM, I agree) is
simple also in relativistic QM (I have some doubt, here, though).

You should also realise that the discussion, as far as I'm concerned,
doesn't take QM for granted. I'm trying to derive the QM-measure
from the hypothesis of computationalism in philosophy of mind.

Tell me if you accept the Many World Interpretation of QM.
In that case, if you don't accept splitting, I guess you disagree
with the Q.19 of Price's Everett FAQ
http://www.hedweb.com/manworld.htm#detect
Worlds would never split but would differentiate, if there are
many worlds and non splitting.

Perhaps you don't believe in the MWI ?

Sincerely,

Bruno

 Bruno MARCHAL            Phone :  +32 (0)2 650 27 11
 Universite Libre         Fax   :  +32 (0)2 650 27 15
 de Bruxelles
 Avenue F.D. Roosevelt, 50   IRIDIA,  CP 194/6

 B-1050   BRUSSELS        Email :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Belgium                  URL   :  http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal