Bruno said:

> I got Roy Frieden's book, on the use of Fisher Information to
> derive some physical laws.
>
> Damned ! It is not easy. In particular Frieden is not clear on his
> philosophical and physical assumptions. It will take some time
> before I can conclude if his approach is relevant for "our concern".
> My intuitive brain (or my little finger, if you prefer) tells me that
> there is something appealing there ...
> My analytical brain tells me to revise Statistics and Variation Calculus

I agree, he's not at all clear about his assumptions - some of them
seem to be highly contrived to produce the correct results!

> I have find some commentaries on that question in:
>
> http://members.home.net/stephenk1/Outlaw/FisherInfo.txt

Stephen Paul King has some more links on the subject at
https://members-central.home.net/stephenk1/Outlaw/fisherinfo.html
and you might also like to join the time list (details of joining at
http://www.kitada.com/) where there has been quite a lot of
discussion about the book recently.

Ken

Dr K A Fisher