How about the misconception that vacuum sucks? What exactly is the
Torricelli vacuum doing then? I'm sure there are countless common
sense misconceptions that _don't_ involve space or time.

What about heavier objects falling faster than light ones?

> Guys,
> I want to pose a puzzle !
> Did somebody think about why overcoming  misconceptions of “common sense”
> (e.g., flatness of the earth;  geocentrism;  absoluteness of  time) is
> always related one way or another  to  space  and what could mean the maxim
> of  Shvetashvatara Upanishad “When people roll up space like a skin, then
> there will be an end of evil without knowing God”  (VI, 20) ?
> Roman Avaqian

Dr. Russell Standish                    Director
High Performance Computing Support Unit,
University of NSW                       Phone 9385 6967
Sydney 2052                             Fax   9385 7123
Australia                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Room 2075, Red Centre