>Some nice points. In answer to the last one: We happen to be in part of
>reality where Y is not present. So what?

We happen to be distributed among computationnal histories. To explain
why we see X and not Y we need to find some relative measure.
If you still doubt that, I insist you should do very carefully the
PE-omega thought experiments. Tell me if you see the point ?

Bruno

 PLEASE, NOTE THE CHANGE IN MY URL !!!

 Bruno MARCHAL            Phone :  +32 (0)2 6502711
 Universite Libre         Fax   :  +32 (0)2 6502715
 de Bruxelles             Prive :  +32 (0)2 3439666
 Avenue F.D. Roosevelt, 50   IRIDIA,  CP 194/6

 B-1050   BRUSSELS        Email :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Belgium                  URL   :  http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal