Russell Standish wrote:

> However, my main problem with Bruno's work lay not in the technical
> details of Model logic, rather with the phrases of the ilk "We
> modelise knowledge by Bew(|p|)". I can appreciate its only a model,
> but why should I believe that model of knowing has any connection with
> reality?  I'm afraid none of the Booloses, nor Bruno's posting helped
> me with this.

Hi Russell,

I guess the discussion is moving to the meta level. The question is not what the
model is, but what format the model should be. Using logic as a vehicle seems to
me to be a meritorious approach, especially if he can derive physical effects
form pure logic.... He won't be the first. Boltzmann and Darwin have done it
before him. Bruno's suggestion that "physics is a branch of machine psychology"
is unfamiliar and surprising... arguably as wierd as some of the stuff I came up

If logic (or some form of logical model) is not the vehicle for describing
reality, then what is?