I make a distinction in the model between "fully deterministic rule sets"
and those that have some random content.

I have identified "fully deterministic rule sets" as those where all that
is required is the rules and the initial state to produce all successor states.

I distinguish this from systems such as the logistic equation by drawing
attention to the instability in the model of each successive
"Something".  The isomorphic link of a universe to the latest "Something"
must be made while that "Something" is manifest.

This effectively truncates "computation" of successive states of systems
such as the logistic equation and makes them in effect fully deterministic
in the way that modeling them on a finite computer forces them into closed
loops even if very large ones.

Hal