Thank you for that, that's just what I was trying to put across when I was asked how
observer moments seem to link up. (Although
some semantically pedantic people might argue that "We can't remember past experiences
at all" isn't true, because accessing our
current brain state on the assumption that we have an accurate record of past
experience *is* what we mean by remembering past
experience. But I know what you mean, and I agree!)

Charles