Comments on my last post:

Abandoning the use of the word history which seems confusing, when I said
that a universe has an identifiable next state - since a universe was taken
as being defined by its current state - I meant that the current state can
identify a next state algorithmically - the algorithm may contain a pseudo
random generator.

A universe which does not have an identifiable next state has no predictive
algorithm because the universe's rules of state succession already tap true
noise from the Everything.

Since a universe rather winks out between states the identified next state
need not be the one actually realized.  This allows a bidirectional flow
between the collection of universes with identifiable prior/next states and
those without.

I think some of this may help to unify several lines of thought on the subject.