At 2/3/02, you wrote:
>It has been conventional wisdom that the fundamental laws of physics are
>not invariant under parity. Now, the computational complexity of a model
>that lacks mirror symmetry is much larger than a similar mirror symmetric
>model. It would thus be very strange if Nature is indeed not invariant
>under parity.

I see no reason at this point to consider the evolution of a universe as
ever being a complex algorithmic computational exercise.

Using a different way of trying to explain my approach:

In my approach the evolution is similar to a matching exercise between the
possible next states of a universe as represented by finite bit strings and
the current set of an endless series of randomly selected infinite bit
strings presented by the underlying informationless system.  The members of
the set of currently presented infinite strings is in constant random flux.

If a section of any of the current set of infinite bit strings presented by
the system has a sub string that matches one of the possible next state bit
strings of a universe then that universe has a next state.  If not that
universe is extinguished.  Sort of a survival of the fit.  To survive for
many state transitions a universe has to allow the input of new information
as true noise.

The matching exercise is like a cellular automaton with true
noise.  Properly implemented  cellular automata do their computation
locally with just a few steps.  Actually the "computation" in my approach
is just working a lookup table.  The evolution of a universe would always
be as if run on an immense parallel computer of just the right
configuration so as to precisely accommodate the current state of a
universe plus noise.

The new match would have to be made before the infinite string supporting
the current match for that universe vanished from the set of presented
strings.  The arrangement of parallel table lookups in local cells and
limited duration of the match search causes successful evolving universes
to have at least a minimum amount of allowance for the input of true noise.

Hal