So it seems to me that this is another prediction which we can make
    based on the all-universe principle (AUP): that natural law may well
    have rare exceptions, and that once we begin exploring realms and
    configurations that are unlikely to have occured naturally, we may
    find one.
    Hal

One 'exception' seems to be the Scharnhorst
effect, http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0107091 ,
and another one the Bohm-Aharonov effect, which,
as far as I remember, is weird from some point
of view (action-reaction, conservation, symmetry).
But these are just 'natural' effects ...
s.