Tim

I agree with you. Scientific American did not do a good job covering the
issue of time. The days of Martin Gardner are over. Paul Davies' article
on time travel making use of worm holes is just a rehash of  "old
science-fiction technology" of the fifties and sixties.  Falling into a
worm hole is identical to falling into a black hole and would completely
destroy any (information carried by a) time traveler and would therefore
make time travel pointless and unverifiable. I was disappointed by the
absence of any mention of the MWI. The MWI,  in my opinion, is essential
in understanding time and has the potential to lead to "new
science-fiction technology" for time travel and parallel universe travel
"a la Roger Zelazny."

George