You're right, I was shooting from the lip. All computations do require
a Turing Thesis, and does contain a nontrivial amount of
information. All descriptions, on the other hand, is a zero
information set, _by definition_.

As you have well pointed out, the set of all descriptions can be
computed in c time (c = cardinality of the reals) on an ordinary
Universal Turing Machine via the UD. It is, however, a nonclassical
model of computation.

                                        Cheers

Marchal Bruno wrote:

> Stricly speaking I disagree. The expression "all computations" needs
> Church thesis for example. And Church thesis is a non trivial bag of info.
> But I see where is the point. The "all computation set" is a zero
> information set, but is not a zero meta-information set, should we say.
> Same for "all numbers", "all sets" You still need to define axiomatically
> numbers or sets.
> There will always be some mysterious entity we need to
> postulate. That is why I postulate explicitely the Arithmetical Realism
> in comp. Too vague "Everything" could lead to inconsistencies.
>
> Bruno

A/Prof Russell Standish                  Director
High Performance Computing Support Unit, Phone 9385 6967, 8308 3119 (mobile)
UNSW SYDNEY 2052                         Fax   9385 6965, 0425 253119 (")