I've been reading about "spooky action at a distance" at
http://www.ncsu.edu/felder-public/kenny/papers/bell.html and several other
sites.

I'm told that  non-locality is a phenomenon that is proven.  A review of
experiments makes it clear that "spooky action at a distance is part of
nature."  But doesn't this violate the rule that nothing can travel faster
than the speed of light?  Well, no, it does not - because of a technicality.

Nevertheless, how might one of  "entangled" particles, even though separated
by light-years, react instantaneously to a measurement done to its sibling?
I've seen no hypothesis.  The answer is, apparently, one of many Quantum
Mysteries.

This is unsatisfying.  I would like to hear speculations on non-locality.

We are told that string theory needs 11 dimensions - could it be, for
example, that there is another dimension in which the entangled particles
are adjacent to each other?
Norman