From: Stephen Paul King [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 13 November 2003 10:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Reversible computing

Dear David,
†
††† Have you read any of the books by Michael C. Mackey on the
implications of reversible (invertible) and non-invertible systems?
Some, notably Oliver Penrose, have attacked his reasoning, but I find
his work to be both insightful and novel and that his detractors are
mostly driven by their own inabilities to take statistical dynamics and
thermodynamics forward.
†
††† Mackey shows that invertible dynamical system will be at equilibrium
perpetually and that only non-invertible system will exhibit an "arrow
of time". I am very interested in the subject of reversible computation,
as it relates to my study of Hitoshi Kitada's theory of Time,†and would
like to†learn about†what you have found about them.
†
Kindest regards,
†
Stephen