George Levy

> At a deeper level, we could ask the question, why is the principle of
> causality so important?

What appears to be more frightening: a clocklike universe which
is totally governed by deterministic laws, or a lawless universe
which is totally unpredictable and random? Asked once Karl Svozil
http://tph.tuwien.ac.at/~svozil/publ/2000-vreal.htm
I think that the present qm description is something in between,
and it allows evolution, differentiation, etc.

> This principle is intimately tied up with our
> own rationality which is an essential ingredient of our consciousness.
> Thus the world itself seems to be a product of ourselves.

Nature is earlier than man,
but man is earlier than natural science.
(Carl Friedrich Freiherr von Weizsaecker)

Regards,
s.