Eric Hawthorne wrote:

So the answer to *why* it is true that our universe conforms to simple regularities and produces complex yet ordered systems governed
(at some levels) by simple rules, it's because that's the only kind of universe that an emerged observer could have emerged
in, so that's the only kind of universe that an emerged observer ever will observe.

That's not true--you're ignoring the essence of the white rabbit problem! A universe which follows simple rules compatible with the existence of observers in some places, but violates them in ways that won't be harmful to observers (like my seeing the wrong distribution of photons in the double-slit experiment, but the particles in my body still obeying the 'correct' laws of quantum mechanics) is by definition just as compatible with the existence of observers as our universe is. So you can't just use the anthropic principle to explain why we don't find ourselves in such a universe, assuming you believe such universes "exist" somewhere out there in the multiverse.

Jesse

Learn how to choose, serve, and enjoy wine at Wine @ MSN. http://wine.msn.com/