Let X be some predicate condition on the universes in the multiverse.  I
think Hal is assuming that if all the following are true

1.      X can be described in a compact form (ie it doesn't fill up a
book with detailed data)
2.      X is true for our universe
3.      AUH   =>   P(X)=0

then we deduce that AUH is (probably) false.

Are you saying Wei, that there is a flaw in this logic?

- David

AUH,
> > and evidence against it would be evidence against the AUH.
>
> "evidence against it would be evidence against the AUH" is similar to
the
> Doomsday Argument. Let's assume that in fact universes with lots of
> intelligent life don't all have much lower measure than our own. Then
AUH
> implies the typical observer should see many nearby intelligent life.
Your
> argument is that since we don't see many nearby intelligent life, AUH
is
> probably false. In the Doomsday Argument, the non-doomsday hypothesis
> implies the typical observer should have a high birth rank, and the
> argument is that since we have a low birth rank, the non-doomsday
> hypothesis is probably false.
>
> I want to point this out because many people do not think the DA is
valid
> and some have produced counterarguments. Some of those
counterarugments