On 12th January 2004 Doug Porpora wrote:

... Let me also say I find it a morally ghastly proposition that each of us is duplicated an infinite number of times in an infinite number of universes. If so, why ever bother to do the right thing?...

Whatever else may be said in response to this argument, it is important to keep in mind that our opinion of what is the case, or our wish that a particular thing be the case, has no bearing on what IS IN FACT the case. I find it a morally ghastly proposition that thousands of innocent people have died recently as the result of the invasion of a certain small and weak nation by a certain large and powerful one, but my opinion does not change one iota the reality of what has happened.

Stathis Papaioannou
Melbourne, Australia

Get less junk mail with ninemsn Premium. Click here http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp