On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 03:41:55AM -0500, Jesse Mazer wrote:
> Do you think that by choosing a
> different measure, you could change the actual first-person probabilities of
> different experiences? Or do you reject the idea of continuity of
> consciousness and "first-person probabilities" in the first place?

The latter. I came to that conclusion by trying to develop a theory of
first-person probabilities, failing, and then realizing that it's not
necessary for decision making. If someone does manage to develop a theory
that makes sense, maybe I'll change my mind.

No one has tried to answer my other objection to an objective measure,
which is that since there are so many candidates to choose from, how can
everyone agree on a single one?