On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 01:44:36PM +0100, Bruno Marchal wrote:
> >How does it relate to the Russell Standish derivation of QM?
> It does not presuppose space, time.

Time is derivable from the assumption that consciousness is a
computation. Therefore I'm trying to be more general than assuming
standard computationalism. I've always had difficulty in understanding
what the relationship between COMP and computationalism - the best
understanding I have is that COMP is more general than
computationalism. I'm not sure that time is derivable from COMP.

My work doesn't even discuss space. This, of course, needs to be
rectified at some point.

> It confronts the mind body problem,

As I understand this, it is because I assume the Anthropic Principle
is valid.

> and also I still believe Russell presuppose the linearity of the evolution.

Not linearity per se - just the usual properties of sets,
probabilities and measure. One assumption I haven't made totally clear
(perhaps) is assuming that observers are measurable.

A/Prof Russell Standish                  Director
High Performance Computing Support Unit, Phone 9385 6967, 8308 3119 (mobile)
UNSW SYDNEY 2052                         Fax   9385 6965, 0425 253119 (")