Hi George:

The idea at least for my point of view is more along the lines that the multiverse is a form of Nothing something like 256/256 is a form of 1 and [256/256 - 239/239] is another form of zero.

By the way the idea is that space itself expands.  This mechanism does not slow photons but rather increases their wavelength.

Hal