In a number of posts over the years such as those below

http://www.escribe.com/science/theory/m2244.html

http://www.escribe.com/science/theory/m3650.html

I have discussed my model for our particular universe and that I felt that its "ground" state could be a grid of discrete points on a 3 X 90 degree dimensioned face centered cubic grid. Each point has 12 nearest neighbors and there are six straight lines through each point that go through a unique pair of its nearest neighbors thus defining six dimensions. Each point is confined to a region about its neutral position. The six dimensions can support oscillations of the points that seem to account for the known subatomic particles. As in a cellular automaton coordinated dances are possible and the dances can relocate in the grid but the points must stay in their region. This is a total of 10 dimensions if one includes time.

I do not pay much attention to string theory because I do not favor strings as the answer. However, I recently saw that the string theories have settled on 10 dimensions which I find an interesting convergency.

My other problem with string theory is that I agree with the individual that said that continuous equations are the poor man's cellular automaton. [I have to locate that quote.]

So again I find my overall model supporting the idea that a universe like ours can be run on a computer, however one that experiences random inputs of new data.

Hal