So far, no-one has been able to tell me what happens to the probability of bizarre quantum events occurring as t->infinity in a finite, eternally expanding universe, which incidentally seems more likely than the Tipler scenario.

Stathis Papaioannou

I think there are many things that never happen in even an infinite universe, for reasons that are hard to put into words, and certainly not expressable in terms of math. For instance, I do not believe there will ever exist, anywhere in the multiverse, a reality in which Osama Bin Laden is elected president of the United States in 2004, and is carried into the White House on the shoulders of a boisterous, enthusiatic public. QM does not overtake other physical laws, including difficult to define laws of psychology. A computer could simulate such an event without granting the actors in the simulation consciousness, but for it to actually happen in a universe in which the participants were conscious actors on the stage of reality, such an event would require countless millions of people to not only do something totally illogical, but vehemently against everything they would wish for or desire.

I assume if the probability of bizarre quantum events descreases at all over time, then these events may never occur even given infinity? Why should the probability of these events change? Is it based on a theory that the laws of physics are not constant, or they are only local?

Also, I assume that if you accept the MWI, regardless of whether "our universe" is expanding forever, you accept there are countless universes (or better described as countless permutations of "our universe") that appear identical to us right now, that will actually contract into a big crunch, making the issue of whether any one particular universe is going to expand forever or collapse pointless?

Danny Mayes