Jim Coons writes:

I see no reason why consciousness must necessarily be sequential in
time, maybe once you begin to die your consciousness decreases till it
matches some other being. I don't see why that couldn't just as well be
earlier in time as later. Maybe consciousness just flows in a cycle. In
fact if our consciousness is owned by many beings instead of just one,
could that explain indeterminism in QM. ( We don't know which copy we
are. )

Jim Coons

This is an "arrow of time" plus "personal identity" sort of question. Why do I look with anticipation to the future, rather than the past? Also, when I die, why can't I say that my consciousness flows to some other sentient being? I can answer the second question - because continuity of personal identity is meaningless without memory and the sense of being the same person. The first question is more difficult. My guess is that in fact a certain time direction *is* necessary for implementation of a conscious process, machine or program. It need not be dependent on real time; it could be simply the fact that lines in a computer program are listed and run in a particular order. I suppose it is possible that there are non-linear consciousnesses, but that would be something very alien.

--Stathis Papaioannou

Are you right for each other? Find out with our Love Calculator: http://fun.mobiledownloads.com.au/191191/index.wl?page=191191text