Jonathan Colvin wrote:

Agreed. But some *worlds* we can imagine may be logically impossible
(inconsistent), may they not? I can imagine (or talk about) a world where
entity A has property X and property Y, but it may be logically impossible
for any existing entity A to simultaneously have property X and Y. For
example, it seems that it would be inconsistent for there to exist a world
where simultaneously I am omniscinent and I consist of a single elctron.
Such a world seems inconsistent (not logically possible). Such a world may
not appear in the set of worlds generated by all instantiated programs.

Omniscience is a problematic concept; one can argue that a single electron does indeed have all possible knowledge encoded in one bit. But leaving that aside, why do you say that it is logically impossible for an electron to be intelligent? To show that it is *logically* impossible you would have to show that it entails a logical or mathematical contradiction, such as 2+2=5.

--Stathis Papaioannou

Update your mobile with a hot polyphonic ringtone: http://fun.mobiledownloads.com.au/191191/index.wl?page=191191polyphonicringtone