----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Colvin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <everything-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2005 9:46 PM
Subject: RE: many worlds theory of immortality

> In general worlds are not effective (computable) objects: we cannot
> mechanically (even allowing infinite resources) generate a world.<

Hmmm..but then if such worlds are not effective objects, how can they be
said to be "instantiated"?  If we extend this to Tegmark, this implies that
even given infinite time, a world can never be "complete" (fully generated).
Which implies that even given infinite time, not everything that *can*
happen *will* happen; which was my argument to begin with.

Jonathan Colvin
Jonathan,
I have seen it stated that, given infinite time, everything that CAN happen
MUST happen, not only once but uncountable times.  You argue that this is
incorrect.  Can you show why it is incorrect?  Thanks,
Norman Samish