Hal Ruhl wrote:

I know of no reason to assume that the various branches of MWI run concurrently.

If they do not run concurrently then the only way I see for immortality is to be in a branch where immortality is already a possibility inherent in that branch.

I don't see why this should be so. Your consciousness should be able to jump between branches, between physical locations and across long periods of time. I have not made up my mind whether it can also jump backwards in time, i.e. if a moment can be experienced as being in your future when in the real world it is actually implemented in the past.

--Stathis Papaioannou

$60,000 prize pool to be won. Three winners. Apply now! http://www.healthe.com.au/competition.do