John Mikes wrote:

>".......whether I would like something to
> be true or not has no bearing whatsoever
>on whether in fact it *is* true.<
What "is" true?
IMO: true is MY 1st person mindset based upon the 3rd person mindsets I have
received from others and have put in the "objective" chapter, which is MY
"subjective and virtual" interpretation of who knows what.

John M

No doubt, often we are biased when we decide on the "objective" truth. But at the very least, we should strive to recognise and minimise this bias. It will not do to say straight out, "I don't like ABC, therefore I will say ABC does not exist".

--Stathis Papaioannou

SEEK: Now with over 80,000 dream jobs! Click here: http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail