Dear Jesse,

I must apologize for my post last night, I had drunk a little too much beer. ;-)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jesse Mazer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <everything-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2005 12:24 AM
Subject: Re: Bitstrings, Ontological Status and Time

snip

The mind/body problem, the problem of what "qualia" are and where they come from, is not something you're likely to solve with a mathematical proof. But again, I see no reason why the problem becomes any easier to solve if we assume there is a world of physical particles separate from the world of mathematical forms.

I am arguing exactly that, that assuming a duality at some ontological level makes it easier to solve the problem. For much of the basic ideas please read the paper found here:

http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/pratt95rational.html

Stephen