Hi Stephen:

At 04:37 PM 5/6/2005, you wrote:
Dear Hal,

No, I disagree. The mere a priori existence of bit strings is not enough to imply necessity that what we experience 1st person view points. At best it allows the possibility that the bit strings could be implemented. You see the problem is that it is impossible to derive Change or "Becoming" from Being.

Which is why I have focused my efforts in this venue on finding a simple system that has a natural dynamic.

The fact that my result so far is a random dynamic does not prevent long sequences where reality visits information kernels [bit strings] such that the trace can be encoded in a set of rules [including simple ones] such as those we call physics [whatever they may actually be if we do not know them now].

Hal Ruhl