On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 08:55:00PM -0700, "Hal Finney" wrote:

> But it's not all that unlikely that someone in the world, unbeknownst
> to you, has invented a cure; whereas for a universe with your exact
> mind in it to be created purely de novo is astronomically unlikely.

That's the wrong way of putting it. With the RSSA (necessary for QTI),
one doesn't get to be ancient by being created "de novo", but by
living a very long life.

The idea is that we must experience increasingly bizarre happenings to
keep us alive - however I don't think this will necessarily be a
descent into hell, or of randomness. Whether eternal life in "heaven"
or "hell" is your experience will depend very much on your own
actions.

Cheers

may safely ignore this attachment.