The obvious and sensible-sounding response to Jeanne's question whether it may be possible to access other universes through dreams or hallucinations is that it is not really any more credible than speculation that people can contact the dead, or have been kidnapped by aliens, or any other of the millions of weird things that so many seem to believe despite the total lack of supporting evidence. However, this response is completely wrong if MWI is correct. If I dream tonight that a big green monster has eaten the Sydney Opera House, then definitely, in some branch of the MW, a big green monster will eat the Sydney Opera House. Of course, this unfortunate event will occur even if I *don't* dream it, but I'm not saying that my dream caused it, only that I saw it happening. It might also be argued that I didn't really "receive" this information from another branch, but that it was just a coincidence that my dream matched the reality in the other branch. But seers don't see things by putting two and two together; they just, well, *see* them. And if I really could, godlike, enter at random another branch of the MW and return to this branch to report what I saw, how would the information provided be any different from my dream? The only difference I can think of is that with the direct method I would be more likely to visit a branch with greater measure, but I can probably achieve the same thing by trying not to think about green monsters when I go to sleep tonight.

--Stathis Papaioannou

I once read an article in, I believe, Time Magazine, about the relatively
new field of "neurotheology" which investigates what goes on in the brain
during ecstatic states, etc. One suggestion that intrigued me was that it
may be possible that in such a state, and I believe that schizophrenics were
also mentioned, that the brain is malfunctioning in such a way as to allow
it to perceive states of reality other than that which the normal brain
would perceive. In other words, the "antenna" (brain) is picking-up signals
that are usually beyond the scope of the normal brain. I wondered if anyone
could comment on this, and if there was any reason to even entertain the
thought that perhaps some people have passed through a crack in the division
between our universe or dimension, into perhaps another? I read this
several years ago and wish that I could recall the details of the article,
but I don't have it anymore.

Jeanne

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Messenger v7. Download now: http://messenger.ninemsn.com.au/