On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 09:54:49AM -0700, "Hal Finney" wrote:

> The question then becomes not, why is there something instead of nothing;
> but, why is there something instead of everything.

But don't you see the answer to this is trivial? If everything exists,
then conscious observers exist that see something.

That is why I say Nothing and Everything exhaust the possibilities.

> Now, we don't know yet if everything exists, or merely some things exist,
> so it is an open question.  But it does seem to be a question that needs
> to be answered.
>
> Hal Finney

If only some things exist, not everything, then we have a deep
mystery. Until there is clear evidence that not everything exists, we
should assume it does so by Occam's razor.

Cheers

may safely ignore this attachment.