Without getting into a long hurrang, I think that Tegmark is correct, at least
in part. Briefly, there has to be a reason why these alternate worlds exist.
I'm referring to the Everett-Wheeler hypothesis and not just wishful thinking.
Granted, if I remember correctly, Tegmark does deal with the whole issue in
terms of mathematical models, which I don't really care for, however, I can
tolerate it.

As for the issue of measurement, all possible worlds can be viewed as still
existing, without measurement, in a superpositional state, until they are
observed (or "measured"). So you still get a "plurality of worlds".
My question is how does anyone know whether "law-like" worlds  vastly outnumber
"lawful" ones?

If I have to, I can go look up Tegmark's Scientific American article on it all,
to get a refresher on it. I'm just hoping I don't have to.

I met Tegmark about a year ago or so. Nice guy. I stumbled into his office,
since the door was open, and introduced myself, mentioning that I was also an
"Everett man". "Everett-man?" he replied puzzled. "Yeah, you know - Hugh
Everett, Everett/Wheeler hypothesis?" at which point he excitedly jumped out of
his seat and shook my hand, laughing.