Scientists are interested in why the auditory cortex can act like an iPOD. . .<<>> Seems when you hear the music, even in your mind--it takes you back to the first time you heard that song. Moooooon Riiiiiiver. . .

In their book *Margins of Reality* Princeton Researchers Jahn and Dunne suggested that consciousness may behave like a quantum wave function---the upshot being that memory is not a database or a neural lookup table (my words, not theirs) but rather is the result of consciousness sampling the past. When I asked Dunne in '95 where and Jahn came up with such an idea, she replied, in typical Dunne fashion, "Seemed like a good idea at the time."

Of course.

When pressed, she thought that the idea actually came from an Italian physicist---possibly Flavia Ravelli.

The idea of the brain as a RF receiver has been around a long while, but this was the first I'd heard of consciousness as a wave function sampling various areas of block space. Anyone happen to know the source of this concept?