Le 07-juin-05, à 08:27, Lee Corbin a écrit :

It's perfectly clear to me which of the two is more important: prediction
or explanation?

Now that I have been self-liberated from fear of circularity,
it's clear that:  each is more important than the other!

Here I think you contradict yourself  (it's a bit worst than circular).

Lee

P.S. Someone pointed out to me off-list that I was far from the
first to have had this epiphany about circular reasoning:

   "However, I think Bruno already has this idea.

   "Hence a Reality, yes. But not necessarily a
   physical reality. Here is the logical dependence:

NUMBERS -> "MACHINE DREAMS" -> PHYSICAL -> HUMANS -> PHYSICS -> NUMBERS.
      --- Bruno Marchal"

But then you said to me: "As for circular, too bad your theories aren't circular! They'd
explain more."

But ok, I should have written:

PLATONIST NUMBERS -> "MACHINE DREAMS" -> PHYSICAL -> HUMANS -> HUMAN NUMBERS.

I don't think I was circular there.