Lee Corbin wrote

Again, I think that the first-person point of view can lead to
errors just as incorrect as those of Ptolemaic astronomy.

I disagree because, almost by definition, the first-person point of view is incorrigible. The error you point on is more subtle: it consists to communicate a first-person truth *as* it was objective. In that case we are lead to Ptolemaic-like errors.

Now, if comp is assumed we can justify that the belief in a "substantial-physical" universe, and/or the belief that physics is the "fundamental" science, are just such Ptolemaic-like mistakes, made at a much deeper level of explanation though.