Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:23 AM
Subject: Re: Witnesses, Observer Moments and Memories of a Past

At 10:31 PM 6/28/2005, Stephen Paul King wrote:
Dear Lee,

Are you familiar with any of the experiments that have been performed regarding "quantum counterfactuals" or "null measurements"? It turns out that the fact that some particular measure *was not made* counts just as much, and thus affects the results of a measurement, of an actual measurement that was made. Thus information of any occurrence or non-occurrence of a measure of a QM system, coded in an OM, will make a difference that can not be hand waved away.
    This is why I am introducing the notion of a witness.

   Interleaving...
RM: I assume this is not associated with Feynman's "all possible histories" approach?