Hi stathis,

Le Dimanche 10 Juillet 2005 13:22, Stathis Papaioannou a écrit :
> Nevertheless, I still think
> it would be *extremely* difficult to emulate a whole brain.

while I agree with you about the difficulty to emulate a brain that already
exists (such as emulate you or me for example), I don't think it is as such
difficult as to emulate a conscious being. I remenber not so long ago the
project mindpixel which was about to learn the common sense to a machine.

I do think that passing the turing test is possible, and if it is one day
succesfully passed by a machine (and not once but several time), It will be a
proof that we are indeed turing emulable... if it is so, Bruno's theory will
not be far from the truth ;)

Quentin