Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 4:05 PM
Subject: Re: Noncommutability of observables

Any ideas on the 3rd person aspect?
Are you assuming that that commutability
or non-commutativity of observables
is fixed a priori?
Stephen

There are problems about consistency between
measurements on the same system
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0107151
and related commutativity/non commutativity
between density matrices.

More than this, our usual assumption that the result
of the measurement of a certain operator A
depends _only_ on the state of the quantum system
we are measuring, and nothing else,
is flawed ((in general, not when the state
of the quantum system is an eigenstate
of the operator A). There is contextuality.

Saluti,
s.