Le 07-août-05, à 22:41, John M a écrit :

Bruno, just got the news, maybe you are interested:

Torkel Franzén, and is entitled Gödel's Theorem: An
Incomplete Guide to Its Use and Abuse. [ISBN
1568812388] As evidenced from the title, the primary
focus of the book is to identify the specific nature
of these theorems, where they apply directly, and
where they do not apply directly, and where they are
interpreted entirely erroneously.

Thanks for the reference. It could be interesting. It is true that many people misunderstand Godel's incompleteness theorems and that there are some abuses. But for exactly that reason, there are also abuses by logicians of not considering any text on Godel which is not written by a mathematician! The "abuses" are going thus in both direction. In particular the great french logician Jean-Yves Girard is quite unfair in his critics of Douglas Hofstadter's "Godel, Escher, Bach", which is 100% correct on Godel, and on the relation between Godel and Mechanism, which is rather rare, indeed, for a physicist work on incompleteness. Personally, I have opted (in the early seventies) to be a mathematician to minimize the risk of being wrong on incompleteness, given that I realized very soon its impact on biology (at least), then on machine psychology/theology and physics.