From: scerir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; everything-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:17:06 +0200
Subject: Re: subjective reality

Godfrey:
> I am not sure I can give you a decent answer to your
> query [...]

There are papers by Mark Rubin showing (perhaps)
that in the Schroedinger picture, information
on splitting worlds must be inferred from
*the history* of the combined system. While
in the Heisenberg picture this information
is contained in mathematical quantities
associated with a single time.
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0310186
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0209055

Rob Clifton in a paper on 'Phil. of Science'
(circa 1996) appeals to the magic properties
of the Schroedinger Unitary-evolving
*Universal* Wave-function. (This approach
seems to be similar to the concept of a global
wave-function in Bohmian mechanics. John
Bell pointed out a similarity between
Bohmian mechanics and MWI, btw.)

There are, imo, interesting ideas in the paper
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0507051
by D. Zeh. Mainly about the 'dynamics'
of entropy within a 'world' vs. the rest
of the 'worlds'.

Needlless to say, all that seems to have
something to do with what Hal Finney wrote
here recently, in search of a *consistent*
universal distribution.

Regards,
s.