Le 22-sept.-05, à 06:02, [EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :

Why couldn't the theory be that the mind can comprehend reality, but not all of reality.  Wouldn't that be a theory of everything?  What if that's the actual truth?  We would be doing ourselves a disservice by theorizing otherwise.

And I'm saying (see above) that the evidence is against the assumption that the mind can comprehend everything.  The message we get from the universe is that its paradigm is always beyond our minds.

Yes. And if we are consistent machine (or: as far as we are consistent machine) the same lesson comes from arithmetic. We can theorize on arithmetic, and we can know (and prove) that the complete arithmetical reality is beyond our grasp.
Note that if we were more powerfull in our provability abilities, although arithmetical truth could be in our grasp, Godel's result could still be applied, and some other mathematical realities (for exemple: set theoretical truth) would still be provably beyond our grasp.
From Pythagorus to Godel, there are many "impossibility result" which can be applied to us once we make some hypotheses on us.